Admission process for the Cosmetology program opens in April/May of each year
Mandatory Cosmetology Entrance Exam – Register Here
*One Stop clients: TABE testing completed through One Stop
Exam fee: $15.00
Time: 10:00 am
The CMCTS Post Secondary Cosmetology Program is approved by the NJ State Board of Cosmetology/Hairstyling and the NJ Department of Education and is specifically designed to prepare students to meet the NJ licensing requirements. This comprehensive 1,000+ hour program completely prepares you for the written and practical exams you need to pass to be granted a NJ license. Lecture, demonstration and hands-on application of skills/techniques comprise this exciting and lucrative career-oriented program. Styling, hair care, perms, barbering, coloring, waxing and facials as well as manicures and pedicures are all facets of the course of study. A professional toolkit and access to online exam prep is included in the tuition. Mid-course you will be applying your skills when the classroom becomes a working salon.
- High School diploma or equivalent (foreign transcripts must be evaluated and translated)
- Passing the TABE test
- 18 years of age or older by October 15th of the enrolling year
* Please check with the licensing agency to ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications for licensure in your field.
Skills and Topics covered are
- State laws, rules and regulations
- Skin care
- Hair care
- Color processing
- Hair statement
- Manicure and Pedicure
The Cosmetology/Hairstyling Program is a full time, ten-month program. The program is a twilight program with classroom hours Monday through Thursday, 1:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. The 2018/2019 Cosmetology program is scheduled to begin in September 2018 and conclude June of 2019.
Cosmetology Candidates will need the following
- A copy of their Birth Certificate
- A copy of Marriage Certificate, or legal document supporting any name change from the Birth Certificate
- The tuition for the 2017-2018 class is $4,750.00. A payment plan is also available.
- Uniforms, textbooks and licensing fees are included in the tuition. Field trips are not covered in the tuition.
* 2017-18 Tuition Information: Please refer to your signed tuition contracts for payment due dates. Final payments due February 3, 2018.
The tuition for the 2018-2019 class is $4,750.00. An initial deposit in the amount of $750.00 is due within 30 days of being conditionally accepted (or the first day of school whichever is sooner) to reserve your seat. The remaining tuition may be paid in installments of your choice as follows:
Pay in full $4,000.00 due by end of September
Pay in two installments in the amount of $2,000.00
1st end of September, 2nd end of December.
Pay quarterly (4) installments in the amount of $1,000.00
1st end of September, 2nd end of November, 3rd end of February and final payment end of April.
Out of county fee $2,000.00 additional
If you are sponsored through the One Stop or any other agency you will be given a promotional code to use when entering your payments.
Uniforms, textbooks, testing and licensing fees are included in the tuition. Field trips are not covered in the tuition.